Monday, August 2, 2010

Summing Up the Shenandoah

As you may have noticed, I am a few days behind on my blog. I will sum everything up into a nice short little blog instead of several longer ones. The last day I blogged about (besides yesterday) was last Monday.

Tuesday I was contemplating freedom and what a great country we live in. I has been on my mind for quite a while now but I am finally putting it in words. I love America. I love being free. I can't imaging living in a country where I didn't have the freedom to choose what religion I want or whether or not I wanted an education. Some countries force you to get one and some don't even allow women to set foot in a school. I love the rolling mountains. I love the beautiful cornfields. I love the big blue skies. I love the city lights. I love being American. I am patriotic.

Wednesday Jackie came up to the Shenandoah. She loved it. I barely knew Jackie until she came and then we became closer. We are pretty tight now. I loved how we were just so comfortable around each other. I am friendly.

Thursday we all went to the outdoor pool. The indoor one was closed for maintenance. We were acting like goof balls in the pool trying to knock each other off our noodles we were floating on. Then I randomly decided I was bored so I said let's go play on the play ground. We had "see who can swing the highest" competitions. Then we took some pretty awesome pictures of us in this tunnel that makes us look ten feet tall. I am silly. I like to do fun stuff that most people think is strange.

Friday we had to leave. We had to wake up early and pack everything. I was feeling like garbage because I only got about two hours of sleep but I still managed to get everything out of there and things cleaned the way the wanted them in time for us to have Matt back to get to work. I am responsible. Give me a task that needs to be done in a certain amount of time and you can count on me (not the old me, but the new me).

Saturday I was at my dad's house. We were just chilling out in their pool. My dad came up with this fun game. You sit on a floaty like it's a horse and try to get this little tiny ball in the floating basket. You have to stay on your horse or it doesn't count. I found out that I am terrible at that game and I hate playing games for long periods of time unless I have at least a couple of points. I always want to quit Monopoly when I only have $150 dollars left. I usually want to quit games that I have no luck in unless they are really fun and I'm playing on a team. I hate to admit this but I am a poor sport on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment