Monday, August 2, 2010

Best Birthday EVER

Yesterday was my 19th birthday. I did some pretty CrAzY things. None that I regretted thankfully. First things first. As some of you may have noticed, I was in an "open relationship" with my very good friend Apollos. And then we were engaged. Then we broke up. And now we "hate" each other. None of this is true. It is all a joke. We did it just for fun because it was my birthday and wanted to be spontaneous.
Secondly and very sadly, I did not go to church on my birthday. I would have loved to celebrate my very special day at church eleven years after I was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints but I was running way too late and I was planning on leaving early anyway. On my way to church I took the wrong exit which ended up being my ex-boyfriend, Kyle's exit. We just started talking to each other again the night before for the first time in six months. I knew he would be at work so I decided to stop by and say hi. I dropped in for a while and followed him while he stocked the shelves of Food Lion. It was rather entertaining as I watched him use his box cutter, barely missing his hand. While he was helping a customer on another isle I decided to play a joke and turn all the corn around backwards so just the nutrition label was showing. But when he came back he told me I had to leave so the joke went unnoticed.
I came home and made some vanilla chocolate chip pudding and watched the last episode of season one America's Next Top Model while I waited for my friend Nick to arrive. We had made plans last week to go and see the movie Salt. When he finally showed up he ate some pudding and I had three cookies he promised me (it was a great birthday present). We left and went to chill at the mall before our 4:30 showing. We went into several stores and did nothing. Then like idiots we ran down the up escalator and almost got kicked out of the mall. It was the absolute highlight of my day. After that we decided to have a fake argument about nonsensical stuff right in the middle of the mall. After getting a several strange looks we quit our faux fight and looked at puppies in the pet shop. It was getting to be the time for our movie so we headed out. We bought our tickets and sat in the seventh row on the right side. After a while we decided to move to the third row.
Finally the previews started but Nick and I barely noticed. We were too busy laughing and telling stories to each other. After about ten minutes into the movie we decided to leave because we weren't paying any attention to the movie. We were talking and just disturbing people. We headed on over to Taco Bell and ate some yummies. We talked and joked and laughed some more. We caught up on life and remembered all the good times we had when we were younger. After a while we realized that it was getting late. Nick had a long drive back home and I wanted to hang out with my best friend Theresa before my day was through. Nick drove me to Theresa's sister's house then took us to Jason's house where Kyle was hanging out for the night.
Nick departed and Terri and I surprised Jason immensely. Jason knew that Kyle and I strongly disliked each other for the longest time and thought that we would never be friends again. But Kyle and I hugged and proved him wrong. We watched a chick-flick and couple of us went to McDonald's to grab some grub. When we came back Apollos and Jason's gf showed up and we played Apples to Apples. The green cards that you win are supposed to describe you. I won Scrumptulecent (a word that Jason made up) and Confused.
Around 10, Kyle took Theresa and me home. She and I decided to go to WalMart to get some Ramen Noodles. More to come on this story later. So we hopped in my car and went to the Wally World next to my school where a friend of mine works stocking cold stuff. We talked to him for a really long time and ran around the place like chickens with our heads cut off. We stole my Jacob's produce sharpie and wrote on each other. After a while we finally realized they were never going to stock Chicken flavored Ramen so we blew that popsicle stand and went to another WalMart. We could only find a 12 pack so we committed ourselves to eating six packs each when we got home. Cashier 18 was HOTT! I just had to say that.
We finally got home, washed off our sharpie and p.j.ed it up. I made four packs of Ramen and we almost hurled at the sight of so many noodles, nevertheless we ate. I couldn't finish mine but Theresa was a beast! Now I just have a big pack of Ramen sitting on my counter looking lonely crying for us to eat it. Overall, it was the most random but best birthday ever.

I am random. I will always do things spontaneously. Do you want to go mud-wrestling? No? OK... Why don't squids use telescopes? Can you give my wristwatch a massage? Let's play HOPSCOTCH! 1-2-3-fish-5-6-potato-8-9-10. You WIN! Can we play again?

2 comments:

  1. You decided to hang out with boys instead of going to church? Oh. You're one of THOSE lds people. And went to McDonalds, Wal-mart, and the movies on Sunday on top of it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. I'm the type that's trying to make myself a better person. I haven't quite reached it yet. You know, LDS doesn't mean perfect. I make mistakes just like everyone else. Just a question, do I know you?

    ReplyDelete