Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Driving Myself Crazy

So I finally got some internet. We're up in a little town in the Shenandoahs called Woodstock. It doesn't have much to do in it besides the movies (which we happen to be waiting for) but I figured since I had some time I'd blog these past few days.

July 23 Friday
So today I drove all the way to the Shenandoahs by myself. Not that I minded. I enjoyed it. It was rather peaceful. The only aggravating thing was when I made a wrong turn in the beginning of my journey. The map and directions I got were both unclear what road to take so I ended up having to turn on the GPS. The GPS kept me on the same road and it only added 15 extra miles to the trip but it's always annoying when you find out you could have saved a little bit of gas and time. But that's ok. I was safe and that's all that matters.
I love long road trips because they give you time to think or when you're with other people it helps you get to know them better. What I love even more is listening to the radio or cds when but unfortunately most of my cds have scratches on them now. I mostly listened to the radio to keep me awake. I recently started listening to hip-hop. Musicians like Kesha, Justin Beiber, and La Roux keep me going. My friend, Theresa is the one who really got me interested in this type of music. The only annoying thing about long trips and radio stations is that you have to tune into a new one every 50 miles or so. I hate driving through little towns that only have country music. I strongly dislike country music so much... UGH! Funny thing is you would think big towns would have good music but NO! Driving through Richmond was my least favorite part of that trip. They only had country, rap, and R&B. It was crazy. No rock, no oldies, no hip-hop, no techno, not even classical music. It was ridiculous.
After I traveled for 175 miles I finally saw a cop. I didn't know that cops pulled people over in the mountains. No, I didn't get pulled over. I was just being observant.
I thought it was funny when I saw a sign for Goochland and Oliville. Teehee. Bahahahahaha! It's just so funny to me.
I was really surprised when I drove into the actual mountains. It was so breathtaking. I loved it. If you ever get a chance to, please drive through the Shenandoahs.
I'm getting tired now so I'm going to go to bed. I just drove 5 hours so give me a break. :)

I am a driver enthusiast. I love signs. I love winding roads. I love driving at any speed just as long as I have somewhere to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment