Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day Number Two, Feeling Like Poo

I'm feeling like poo because I woke up with a headache yet again. I think that's the fourth day in a row now. I still feel a little depressed but that's to be expected, right? This blog is really what excites me and gets me motivated.
I haven't really accomplished much today (yet). I'm moving into an apartment with one of my best friends on August 15th and my parents are moving to Colorado. I'm supposed to be packing my room up and I haven't done very much in it. I got the second disc to season one America's Next Top Model in the mail and really wanted to watch it so I decided to play it on my laptop while I attempted packing. I tried but just got so distracted. I think what distracts me most about that show is the amazing make-up they do. It's so good.
But anyway, as I was attempting to pack I was going through some of last semester's school papers wondering whether or not I should save them. I read some of them and they were mostly History (I think). They said stuff like "Italian Cardinal Mazarin was an influence on Louis XIV. Mazarin calms down the war. Mazarin is a funny name. I wonder what kind of parents he had. I wonder what his name means. Oh my gosh, I have no idea what my teacher just said." Then in the math papers I found, they would be drawings of circles with formulas and when I couldn't figure out the formulas I would just draw turtles or rabid squirrels. I still wonder how I managed to get a C in Algebra and a B in History. It amazes me.
Yesterday I started cutting up the stuffed animals my ex-boyfriends gave me. Not because I hated them but because I needed the stuffing for a couple of pillows I wanted to make. I cut the kitty cat slippers; I dissected the frog; I de-stuffed the doggies; I broke the bunny; I tore Tweety; and I baked Mr. Potato Head (not literally though). I was actually very fun. Now I have to big bags of stuffing and several shells of un-stuffed animals. Their stuffing will be great in my robin egg pillows.
Oh that's right! I didn't tell you... I decided to switch my major to interior design. It was originally general studies leaning more towards musical theatre. But I've decided what I really want to do is design and make furniture. Since they don't have woodworking at my college I went with interior design. One of my many ideas is to make a living room that looks like a forest. That's why I need robin egg pillows. Oh, look at me. I can't even talk about one thing at a time in a blog, haha. But there is good news. I did stay focused long enough yesterday to register for classes at my local community college. I'm so excited for it. I'm taking three IDS classes and English 111 again. I failed the first time because I didn't turn my work in.
It turns out the Biology course I took doesn't count towards this degree. I was so ticked. Ugh! My parents were like, "You have to take Biology, Nerissa. Every degree requires you to take a physical science." Not mine. I need a "Social Science Elective." I think it's funny when they call it an elective in college when really no one wants to take it. In high school, electives were fun classes that you got to goof off in like band or choir or weight lifting.
I wanted to clear a couple things up. I was asked if I was going to stop dating. My answer is no. I will continue to go on dates casually or with friends but I will not get involved with a romantic relationship. Another thing I wanted to clear up is the dating since I was 12. I had a "boyfriend" since I was 12. I was never allowed to go anywhere with him until I was 15. I didn't have my first real date until a month before my 17th birthday. One more thing. This year to myself isn't going to be about just me me me. I'm not going to be a selfish jerk. I definitely care about the world around me and the people in it. I just realized I didn't care enough about me. That is why I am doing this.
I really should get back to packing. I have a big day tomorrow. I have a 5 hour drive up to the Shenandoahs. I'm visiting my family then a few of my friends are coming up to spend the rest of the week with me. Hopefully I get internet up there. If not, I'll blog on a piece of paper then enter it all in when I get back Thursday night.

I am easily distracted. I find things fascinating and more interesting than what I am doing and often it gets me in trouble. I like pretty shiny things.

3 comments:

  1. wow, you really tend to jump from topic to topic, a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud from your dissection part. You're doing great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep "swimming." Just keep "swimming." Oh look at the pretty light up there...
    "Squirrel?"
    Hey, you know me, I can totally relate to the distraction thing. That's why I tried to tell you to turn it off and put some music on instead.
    Hmmm, let's see a favorite song with appropriate lyrics.
    Where have all the flowers gone?
    Long time passing.
    Where have all the flowers gone?
    Long time ago
    Where have all the flowers gone?
    Young girls picked them every one!
    When will they ever learn?
    When will they ever learn?

    Where have all the young girls gone?
    Long time passing
    Where have all the young girls gone?
    Long time ago
    Where have all the young girls gone?
    Gone to young men every one!
    When will they ever learn?
    When will they ever learn?...
    <3 U.

    ReplyDelete